Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Giving Back....

"There is no happiness in having or getting, but only in giving"
-Henry Drummond

This quote is so true. Some of my best memories in life have been from giving or helping others. I was reminded of this quote as I checked my email Monday morning. This sweet note is from the winner of my first blog contest:

Hi Kellie, I just wanted to update you that my daughter started school last week and she was so nervous but when I gave her the perfume it put a huge smile on her face and she loves the surprise bracelet and lipstick bandanna you sent! This is day 4 of school and she's worn the perfume & bracelet everyday and has the bandanna hanging in her locker. I just wanted to say thank you so much again!!!!

Reading that email really warmed my heart and got my week off to a great start. You just never know how much something will mean to someone and often, you never will. I am just so thankful that the winner took the time to let me know how much the perfume and other goodies meant to her daughter. 
 So, this week I encourage myself and all of you to do something good for someone else. It can be a big or small thing. It can be as simple as a quick email to let an old friend know you are thinking about them or a larger gesture like taking a warm meal to the man begging for money on your way to work. 
 I am always looking for opportunities to "help" and the feeling I get from helping someone other than myself...cannot be matched!

No comments:

Post a Comment