Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Heart and Soles...

You can spot them in an instant...the classy chic...mega buck..red sole wonders...


 Christian Louboutin's shoes stand out in a crowd because of their bright red soles...but it soon may be harder to distinguish what's a Louby..and what's not. Louboutin wanted to trademark his red soles..but Wednesday, a federal judge threw out a lawsuit against competitor YSL..allowing that designer to also use red soles on their shoes. 
Attorneys for Louboutin are looking for other options...but it doesn't look good. 
What are your thoughts? Should Louboutin be the only designer allowed to paint his soles red...or as a designer, should he expect to have his creations imitated, like so many other designers experience???





2 comments:

  1. I heard about this on the news - it's CRAZY!! But, if I were Louboutin, I would have done the same thing. He didn't trademark the red sole for nothing, you know what I mean?! I think he SHOULD be the only one allowed to use the red. YSL could use ANY other color.

    residentmayor at satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Sara. I also discovered a glaring typo when I re-read my post (fixed now!). I would be very upset if someone was blatantly copying my designs!

    ReplyDelete